Pokemon GO to Your Open House

07/13/2016

Strike the Pokemon Go craze while it’s hot and get young buyers to your open house.  Tune in to see an idea we have on how to actually make this work!

Comments

comments

Comments
  • Your open question about rolling back Dodd Frank won’t cause a problem. The NMLS licencing and testing got rid of the “riff raft” since they can’t get a license. We only have longterm experienced people in the biz these days and we will be fine. Over regulation, disclosures BS is a big and expensive issue.

Vernon Morrison July 13, 2016 4:21 am Reply
  • I would love to hear your prediction for the percentage of Pokemon open house visitors that would qualify for a mortgage. 27 year old millennial, walking around in the middle of the day, playing a real-life video game doesn’t exactly scream of solid employment, stable income and assets in the bank. Just thinking out loud here…

Matt July 13, 2016 4:30 am Reply
    • Hi,

I am a 24 year old millennial who walks around after work and on the weekends playing Pokemon go because it was my favorite game growing up and I still play on all of my old Pokemon games on their original consoles. Oh and surprise! I have solid employment, stable income and assets in the bank.

Oh and if they are any millennials walking around during the day than there is a great chance that they are a school teacher and are enjoying their summer off, like my boyfriend.

This is a great idea and I am not too sure how many agents in my office play Pokemon Go but this is a great open house idea.

Noelly July 13, 2016 7:13 am Reply
      • THANK YOU for your reply. LIKE I SAID, I was just thinking out loud. And there was a reason I asked what their “prediction for the percentage” would be. Working in lending for just shy of 20 years, and currently living with how hard it is to get folks qualified, it was just the first thought that came to mind. Obviously, school teachers, fire fighters, bar tenders, etc. have work schedules that are radically different than 9 to 5’ers, so again, it was just a thought, relative to basing a marketing strategy on the concept. Regardless of what chatter comes out of DC, there are lots of folks looking for work, out of work, freshly graduated and “back in their parents’ basement, etc. Not everyone, but they are out there. I certainly wasn’t looking to come across as critical, for lack of a better word, or anything else. As I said, I was just thinking out loud and pondering the concept, especially since I, personally, just don’t have enough hours in the day for that kind of relaxation. Didn’t mean to offend, if I did.

Matt July 13, 2016 10:39 am Reply
  • Hi, I’ve been a realtor for 22 years and just started playing Pokémon Go. It’s great. Both my sons played Pokémon when they were younger. Pokémon Go is a great continuation. It’s good wholesome fun.

Jackie July 13, 2016 7:37 am Reply
  • Warning- From Dwight Silverman article in Houston Chronicle yesterday: “if you log in to the game via your google accounts it gives Pokémon Go full access to all your google data and can: read all your email; send email as you; access all your google drive documents(including deleting them); look at your search history and your maps navigation history; access any private photos you may store in google photos; and a whole lot more. If you’ve got any data generated by a google product or service, the pokemon go can see it, change it even send it elsewhere.” Read the full article for all the scary info.

rex July 13, 2016 9:51 am Reply
  • Is today’s date April 1? I am guessing a few desperate agents will try this, but the shelf life of Beanie Babies will be longer than this fad.

Eddie July 13, 2016 11:50 am Reply