Talking Politics on Social Media

02/06/2017
Comments
  • Good episode this morning. Very good reminder to keep politics out of social media and in business conversations. Our country is divided enough. No need to add fuel to the already fired up Country.

Fee February 6, 2017 5:02 am Reply
  • You are so right. It’s unfortunate that the media continues to bait us. Just plain ugly.

Charella Marx February 6, 2017 5:21 am Reply
  • Thank you for the show and for the message. I choose to be honest and would never lie to a client or “pretend” to agree with their politics. IF you are doing your job and focused on the matter at hand, politics does not come up usually. That said, IF politics does come up, there is often some amount of common ground, no matter how small. I refuse to lose one friend, family member or client because of a political side or stance or opinion that may or may not be based on reality or the truth. Seriously! Life is too short. Our opinions, goals, dreams, knowledge and passions change based upon the information at hand. Certainly, we can love everyone, sharing similar opinions with some and graciously agreeing to disagree with others. There is NO reason to hate anyone, no matter what they believe. HOW does hating another human help our world or our collective consciousness?? Presently, my goal is to make a healthy, positive difference in my capacity as a Loan Officer. As I see it, IF I can find a way to show compassion and understanding as well, that is a plus for all…

Leslie De Palo February 6, 2017 9:50 am Reply
  • I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. Thomas Jefferson

Dan Neumann February 6, 2017 10:35 am Reply
  • Guys,
    Since I don’t live in crazy, wacked-out, Lib-La-La-land California, (LOL tongue in cheek guys-chill!) I have actually had my most success in building my business from advertising/talking/marketing on our local CONSERVATIVE talk radio station. My people LOVE working with a like minded American Patriot! And the rest…well…until they finally succeed in making “LIBERALS” one of the “protected classes”…I will continue talking politics, sharing my values, listening to others, and engaging them in frank discussions on all the important subjects, all while doing loans for anyone/everyone that can still have a conversation with non-like minded individuals without resorting to name calling, like racist, bigot, hater, etc. etc. ad infinitum!

PS I don’t know who was the first to coin the phrase, “never talk religion, politics, or money”…but it is very unfortunate since that is the best way to STIFLE exchanges of thought, values, beliefs and morals with our fellow man. So I say, go ahead and talk, share your passions, views, beliefs, dreams, and hopes; it is the best way to learn to understand one another! That is, until the other starts yelling you’re a racist, bigot, or any other names they can think of so they don’t need to debate with facts; and if that happens, then just walk away, as you are only throwing pearls before swine anyhow.

Don February 6, 2017 4:39 pm Reply
  • I have always made a rule not to discuss politics nor religion with anyone period, because everyone is always right and everyone is always wrong when discussing this topics

Carlos E Hernandez February 7, 2017 7:08 am Reply