Should NAR Ban Zillow from Events?

06/06/2016

We all know about the on going war between Zillow and NewsCorp/Move/Realtor.com right?  Well it appears it’s come down to NAR banning Zillow from any future NAR events.  Our question is, should they do this?  What are your thoughts on it?

Comments

comments

Comments
  • NAR sold us out! If listings are owned by the Broker, why are they furnished to Zillow and then sold back to the Broker/Agent?

Scott Wilson June 6, 2016 4:57 am Reply
  • Sorry, guys, but this is one of the lamest rants I’ve heard from you. REALTORS own their listings, so why should ANYONE have access to them if that firm sells us back leads to what we already own?? It’s like the mob charging “protection money!” NAR IS protecting it’s primary members – REALTORS – by making it more difficult for abusive third parties to extort money from the rightful owners. In my opinion, all we need is r.com to promote our listings to the public via the Internet. All the rest are bottom=feeders trying to scam us.

Phil Amodeo June 6, 2016 5:46 am Reply
  • I think that Zillow will be the national MLS in a few years. The local MLS will be gone.

Bill Berger June 6, 2016 6:32 am Reply
  • Z!ll0w has one purpose and that is to disrupt the NAR PERIOD!

For those that have been in the real estate industry more than 10 years know that we the NAR and it’s members have fought the banks from entering the brokerage business every year.

There was a lawsuit that was settled… the banks seemed to have appeared.

When there is approximately $50,000,000,000 that’s BILLION nine zeroes annually.

When there is that much money at stake, the wall street banks are not going away EVER!

Do I think the banks started z!ll0w? No!

But make no mistake they are supported by the banks. Remember banks and wall street are synonymous.

For those that are new to this planet, there are a lot shady people and criminals to the degree that the world has never known on Wall St

par·a·site ˈperəˌsīt
    noun
    plural noun parasites
    an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host’s expense.

a person who habitually relies on or exploits others and gives nothing in return.
    hanger-on cadger leech passenger bloodsucker sponger bottom feeder scrounger freeloader mooch

Rob Aubrey June 6, 2016 6:33 am Reply
  • This had me on Zillow stealing. First they have been stealing for a long time. Second they are irresponsible in their valuations (which they shouldn’t even be doing). Third their site is very poor at updating and refreshing information. So, they haven’t been playing nice in the sandbox but you still think they should be allowed on the playground? Not. It’s high time NAR and the Realtors stand up to Zillow. I used to have to intervene with my customers but now I am hearing negative things about Zillow from my customers!

REORealtor1 June 6, 2016 6:50 am Reply
  • My clients want to be on both and are convinced if their property is not, I am not doing my job.

Mark Erickson June 6, 2016 7:16 am Reply
  • I bust my ass to get listings. Zillow AND Move should pay me for the use of my listings. There is no other industry that has a zero cost of goods sold. These platforms take (steal?) my hard work and sell it back to me for ever increasing amounts. Make me a partner and stop picking my pocket and selling my leads to my competitors.

Jeff Annis June 6, 2016 7:29 am Reply
  • Zillow is the king daddy of thievery. Dishonest zestimates, disservice to the industry and a bully with NO real estate License.

They should be banned from all real estate period. No one should ever have to deal with incompetence and lack of professional standards

Zrealtor June 6, 2016 8:44 am Reply
  • I completely agree with NAR. Why would you let the fox into the henhouse? Start giving the listing agents the leads and or a fee to use their listing and watch things turn around.

Laurie Rogers June 6, 2016 9:35 am Reply
  • There is an awful lot of whining going on here. Zillow (or any other website) should be allowed to display “active” listings. Listing agents should be thrilled that their listings are displayed on Zillow and therefore bring in more potential buyers. Getting the house sold is your only job! I presume that the listing agents who are whining are doing so because they want to double-end the transaction, and Zillow basically makes this harder to do so.

Also, those agents who rely on Zillow for leads and are upset over their advertising pricing can just choose not to use Zillow. They are not forcing you to use them. I choose not to use them because I believe their system is rigged and statistically will not convert well enough to pay for itself.

Zillow is not the enemy here…NAR are the ones who are forcefully taking your money in the form of dues and not providing the appropriate benefit. They also charge you to be promoted on Realtor.com as I recall.

Eddie June 7, 2016 10:48 am Reply
  • It’s only a matter of time before Zillow automates the whole process of purchasing a home without the use of a Realtor or Loan Officer.

Israel June 10, 2016 12:20 pm Reply