Robot Realtor Wins Again

05/16/2016
Comments
  • On the Robot/Relator issue. Is this not like the Zestimate vs. actual value in the marketplace? Robot might not know that particular house has water in the basement, or a SuperFund site 1/4 mile away, or lot-line issues etc etc etc. Disappointed you took the low road of suggesting Realtor selections were self-serving.

Natalie Paul May 16, 2016 5:15 am Reply
  • Just a note here from my experience. Many of my clients find listings off of Zillow and a variety of other websites and when I try to explain to them the home won’t fit their needs of course they still want to see it based on the pictures and the description. Once you physically inspect the home that is when you notice and find things the clients don’t like. In fact I’ve had some that would not even go in the house they chose. It’s very similar to Zillow valuations and the valuations and Redfin they give you some data however nothing compares to an actual physical inspection of the property and the neighborhood. So the fact that the robot successfully picked on people like maybe just simply based upon the pictures presentation and a square footage listed. Had the buyer gone and looked at the homes and still shows those selected by the robot then the survey would have some meaning to me.
    Absolutely nothing will replace the physical inspection of the interior of a home. You can Google street map of home and get more information and that’s a help. Let’s see what other agents have to say

Robert Barnes May 16, 2016 6:25 am Reply
  • If this was 1995 I might be impressed by a robot picking better houses than a human. But I have decided several years ago to help buyers– but that buyers (and robot assistants) pick many of the homes we go out and walk thru. My job is to help buyers’ work thru the many steps of home purchase- picking the most promising homes to put on tour is not the most important part of my job. I find fault with the title suggesting that I worry or stress out or fight against the computer assistance of finding homes to look at.

Glenn Still May 16, 2016 7:04 am Reply
  • I would never ever if she was the last candidate standing vote for either Bernie Sanders (weed head and no idea of the world outside his marijuana blown brain) or Hilary Clinton who could not tell the truth if it slapped her upside the head and choked her to death. Bill Clinton and Barney Frank were responsible for the world wide economic meltdown because Bill wanted people to stop talking about his private parts and Monica Lewinsky. So to save his sorry behind he gave away money like water because he is a complete and utter moron. After he leaves office he gets on Epstein’s jet and goes to Epstein island to have sex with kids thinking they will not have a blue dress with his contribution on it to show to the media. If Hilary is elected Bill and Hilary will turn the white house into a whore house and this country will completely collapse. Black lives is angry because they have no jobs no education and no opportunities. For 8 years your Black President has done nothing for you and Hilary promises more of the same. At Cal State San Marcos, 300 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS got free rides for a 4 year education. That means 300 AMERIAN STUDENTS DID NOT GET TO GO TO COLLEGE because of these criminals. Hilary promises to do more for ILLEGALS THAN OBAMA. How many more American students will not get a college education because of her. Right now per the US Dept. of Labor we are at 37.2% unemployment. Not the 5% Obama and the Democrats keep spewing that big fat lie out of their mouths. I am sorry but this country cannot take another 8 years of a Clinton WHORE HOUSE or a Bernie Sanders WEED House. We need an outsider VOTE FOR TRUMP

Bernie May 16, 2016 7:40 am Reply
  • Weirdest thing is she doesn’t show to have ever been a REALTOR in Texas. Maybe she has a different name than Michelle Blackwell or Wyatt. I was just curious and tried to look her up. I thought her clever publicity was cute but risky because it was politically driven.

Elwanna McEuen May 16, 2016 8:42 am Reply
  • Interesting, but there’s a difference between what a buyer likes and puts on their tour list and what they actually buy.

BR May 16, 2016 10:10 am Reply