NY Post Harsh on HUD Section 8 Proposal

05/10/2016

Well the New York Post isn’t sugar coating their feelings on Julian Castro’s proposal on Section 8 housing.  Tune in to see what they say and we’d love your thoughts on it down below as well.

Comments

comments

Comments
  • It is absolutely social engineering. It is taking low socio economic blacks. First, the culture must upgrade its values.
    It is being done in my town, but with educated hard working people who are already part of the community but cannot afford the high cost of housing-

Lorrie May 10, 2016 4:14 am Reply
  • Interesting, Dot, that you think HUD’s study is not a fact. I agree that the gov often lies (keep your doctor, did not have sex, etc) but I doubt that HUD would lie about a report saying their program did not work. You were probably a big supporter of the “right” of everyone to own a house even when the gov own studies showed it was a failing policy (except for Barnie and his friends and realtors making commission off liar loans). We all know how well the idea of home ownership being a “right” worked out for the poor and the rest of our economy

Marsha Rachford May 10, 2016 4:21 am Reply
  • I once lived on “the other side of the tracks” and I remember how great it was to move into a better neighborhood. I’ll never forget, my Dad came home one night and said to my Mom in front of me and my older brother, “honey we’re moving, I got a raise and a promotion”! He was so proud, and we were all so proud of him. We didn’t need HUD or politicians for a better life.
    So just in case HUDs plan doesn’t work again, there is an alternative.

Dan Klinger May 10, 2016 5:04 am Reply
  • We were told by certain political parties that private school vouchers were bad because if students could freely move, then the best students in poorly performing schools would leave, thus making the poorly performing schools even worse. Now the opposite is supposed to be true when it comes to housing.

B.R. May 10, 2016 5:12 am Reply
  • I prefer letting those who want to better themselves find a way kinda on their own. Govt assistance started out as an aid but now it’s a tool. Social engineering never works! Only more corrupt politicians and leaches that will never be satisfied until you are under their control!!! Let’s have some freedom for a change and let people be responsible for a change. What a novel idea.

Jeff Vines May 10, 2016 6:52 am Reply
  • white flight getting chased down by hud

tom May 10, 2016 8:37 am Reply
  • It is fair to say this is a poor plan, but for me the larger issue is having agencies that can make these decisions and rules affecting our society without Congressional Approval. Congress has palmed all this authority to HUD, EPA, and the rest to avoid being forced to make the hard decisions that can back to bite them at election time. Why are we allowing that!

Ron May 24, 2016 7:49 am Reply